Playing with cameras and playing with black & white (& gray) photography.

Hence "Shades of Play." Like "SHADES OF GRAY," but PLAYING! AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm based in central New Jersey, but the photos come from all over the place. Hopefully, once I iron out the whole scanner issue, I'll present some of my analog photography in a cleaner format.

Cameras I use:
• My low-key digital Nikon Coolpix 3200
• My better digital Fuji Finepix S700
• My 35mm SLR Canon Rebel 2000 (which is nice, but frankly, I hate film.)

As you can probably tell from my cameras (and, er, my photography), I'm just a hobbyist. But I have been recognized on such websites as
Tuesday Challenge (2nd place Cutlery, 3rd place Fake, 3rd place Directions),
PhotoSharks (Plastic and Clock)
Shutterday (3rd place Dance, 2nd place Shoes),
and Macroday (1st place Dirty II).

My view of photography is along the lines of "finding beauty in everyday ugliness." I'm not big on lighting or extensive aggravation to get the perfect shot; I approach daily life as a photo opportunity waiting to happen. If it happens, it happens. If not, I move on with my life.

Think I'm cool? Vote for me at Photoblog Community.
Or bookmark me at Photoblogs.org.


By the way... in case some of these pictures look familiar, my other photoblog is Ocean Township Daily Photo.