circles

DSCF0023

Sometimes, when I was small, the family would come home at night from a day-long road trip, which usually left me groggy and unwilling to get out of the car right away. As I came to, I'd notice blurry little circles in the corner of my eye, seemingly caused by some interaction of the floodlight on the garage, my glasses, and my own eyeball. These circles would dart left and right as I darted my own eye; they flattened as I squinted my eye; the little granules inside the circles swam about like magnified bacteria. I would play with these circles and listen to the think think think of the old station wagon as it cooled down before I eventually got bored and went inside the house.

...Point being, the circles in the photo above look exactly like the ones I played with in my childhood.

No comments: